Photo by ArtsySF and used with her permission.

Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Flavors in the Works

I have two flavors in the works right now. One is a copycat recipe for Jules from Tamara's Sweet Treats Yahoo Group. She is requested a recipe for Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio. The other was for pineapple ice cream.

Do you ever wonder why you rarely see pineapple ice cream? I did, until I tried to make it. This recipe is killing me. There is a whole science to this about some enzyme in the pineapple that curdles milk. My first attempt was great out of the machine, but very icy after ripening in the freezer. It may take a while to figure it out. Luckily, it has given me an idea for a sauce.

With some luck, both the Pistachio recipe and the sauce will come out next week.

No comments: