Photo by ArtsySF and used with her permission.

Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fixing cinnamon ice cream woes

I want to tell you about a great trick I discovered to resolve the problem with using ground cinnamon in ice cream. I have always had problems with the cinnamon clumping when I added the milk and cream. Previously, I had suggested making a slurry with just enough milk before adding the it to the base. Although it worked, it was not a great solution. This time, I mixed the cinnamon with the sugar that is mixed with the eggs. You do this step before adding the eggs. When the eggs go in, the cinnamon is well distributed and does not clump at all.

1 comment:

Scoop Adventurer said...

Great suggestion. If you can get your hands on some good cinnamon sticks, I find that steeping the sticks for 30 min in the warm milk imparts an excellent cinnamon flavor to the ice cream!