The coffee ice cream recipe is directly lifted from Dave Lebovitz's book called "The Perfect Scoop," so I will not post it. Buy his book, he has some great recipes. My addition is this "cookie." Use Nabisco Famous Wafers for this. There is no subsititution. One box should make just enough crumbs. You won't find them in the cookie aisle because they are almost always with the chocolate syrup and hot fudge in the ice cream aisle.
Chocolate Almond Cookie:
1.5 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1 cup of blanched almonds, toasted
1/3 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Crush the cookies, sugar, and almonds in a food processor until they are a finely chopped. Put the contents in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter mix together with the crumbs until it is fully incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into a single 1/4 inch layer on a a baking sheet.
- Using a ramikin or small prep bowl, press on the cookie to pack it tight. This will allow it to bake and form into a hard solid mass.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let completely cool.
- Break the cookie into bite sized pieces and incorporate into the ice cream during the last minuted of freezing time.